50 Things, 2012.

Just in the nick of time: my third annual gratitude list. :).


50 Things I Love & Am Thankful For.
-------------------------------------

1. The One who never changes. It's been a crazy year, filled with growth and loss. But to quote a friend, "Something perfect we can't see is going to come from this." I'm just thankful for that promise. It's a gift to know this life has purpose, and that everything that happens is ultimately for His glory.

2. The first time a Christmas song comes on the radio.

3. Actually, anything and everything Christmas. ;).

4. When lost things are found.

5. Flowers at my desk.

6. Receiving a phone call from a friend, just as you were thinking about them.

7. Hearing a little kid say your name.

8. A word of encouragement at just the right time.

9. Discovering you were wrong about someone.

10. Acting in the face of fear.

11. Bundling up in the cold.

12. Clouds.

13. Wrinkles at the corners of people’s eyes, when they smile.

14. Brightly colored, warm scarves.

15. Leaves, as they change colors on the trees.

16. Road trips.

17. Choosing a soundtrack for the day.

18. When people engage and pursue their passions.

19. Improv.

20. Watching people figure skate.

21. Taking a nap during a rainstorm.

22. Waking up, well-rested, before your alarm.

23. The first dip into a brand new jar of peanut butter.

24. Taking walks.

25. Choosing honesty, instead of saving face.

26. When someone sees you, and they smile.

27. Unexpected run-ins with good friends.

28. A supporting, encouraging family. (Including those at my church.)

29. Singing a song, and hearing a stranger join in.

30. Someone wanting to take a picture with you.

31. Funny faces with friends.

32. When the sun comes out, right after a rain.

33. Golden rays of light.

34. This year, I’m especially grateful for the love and support that surrounded me, following the deaths of my Uncle Wayne and my grandfather. It was like
living in a giant group hug. Thank you. You each made a world of difference.

35. A clean car.

36. Snowfall.

37. Cooking s’mores, over a fire.

38. Hearing someone say they miss you.

39. Falling, and getting back up.

40. Hoping against hope.

41. Rediscovering a song you used to love.

42. When a smell, a song, or a sight reminds you of someone you love.

43. My student loans. Even though I confess I am at times frustrated and anxious about being in debt, I am thankful for the opportunity to go to school. I am thankful for my loans, for reminding me of the gift I have been given. The past 4/5 years at Regent University have shaped and challenged me. I am thankful for my education, and all those I have had the honor of learning from/beside.

44. Working for people who actually care about you. (A special shout-out to Suzanne, Diane, and Derek!)

45. Visiting new places.

46. Taking part in a great story.

47. Embracing whimsy.

48. Hearing a friend’s heart.

49. Freshly baked bread.

50. You. Thank you, for being a part of my life.



(A photo of something I am grateful for. I took this photo from the hospital the night we took my Papap off life support... My grandfather's last sunset. Every time I see this, I am reminded that beauty comes from ashes, and joy from mourning.)
"The sun must set to rise."


Thanks for reading. I hope you have a beautiful, blessed holiday, and a heart filled with thanksgiving all year long.


Without wax,
Sarah.

Comments

Popular Posts