Adam

When Adam first came to Regent, it was clear that what he wanted, more than anything was the support of a family. I think over the past three years, Regent really became that for him.

Adam was all about bringing people together, and intentionally connecting with those around him. He could turn a silly exchange into a deep conversation at the drop of a hat. And he ended almost every conversation by saying, I love you, or letting you know how much he cared.

And, truth to tell, even in his death, I have seen Adam bring people together, and cause them to bond. The outpouring of love witnessed both in person and all across facebook has been staggering. This week I’ve seen people embrace who couldn’t stand each other before. I’ve seen or heard endless exchanges of I love you. And know of at least two different relationships that have been reconciled, as a direct result of Adam’s death.

A couple days after Adam’s accident, I was talking to my friend Tianna and she told me how afraid she was that in a couple weeks everything would go back to normal. She said to me, “I don’t want to go back to being worried about things all the time. Adam has given me a wonderful gift. To love and appreciate people with abandon.”

So that’s what I wanted to encourage everyone in today, and what I think Adam would want us all to focus on in this time. Loving each other – urgently, but not in haste.

Adam’s in Heaven now, but we’ll always be his family. We’ll always be the family of Christ.

May we always remember, as clearly as we do today, how precious life is.
And may we love each other well.





Colossians 3:12-15
“Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”


With bright hope,


Sarah.

Comments

Popular Posts