Bless and Release

"Jesus replied, 'You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.'" - John 13:7

"Jesus said to her, 'Did I not tell you that if you believed you would see the glory of God?'" - John 11:40

As we prepare to welcome 2017, I've been reflecting upon the past year. I think for many of us it was an intense year of building emotional, physical, and spiritual muscle; and just like a normal workout, our strength was taken to its breaking point.

Honestly for most of this year I didn't want to remember the Sarah of 2015 because I could see so clearly all the places I'd been broken, and all the ways I wished I hadn't changed. Recently, however, I've been seeking to be more intentional in trying to see my journey from God's eyes. It's helped me make peace with this year.

Some of you may look back at previous you, as I did, and cringe. Some of you may look back and high-five Jesus for making you different than you were. Whichever camp you fall into, I want to encourage you today to take a few minutes to look back and brag on yourself and the grace of the Lord for how you've grown this year.

So, I have a challenge.
First, at some point in the next 10 days, before the New Year begins, take some time to write a letter to 2015 you. It can look however you want! Share something you learned this year, recount your 2016 highlight and lowlight, list the ways you grew, make peace with this year's pain and struggles by writing them out and letting them go, create a list of the gifts/blessings of 2016, etc.

Then welcome 2017 with grace in your heart and open arms. You're about to be someone you've never been before.


Without wax,

Sarah.

PS: What's an area of your life you grew in, in 2016, you're really proud of?

Comments

Popular Posts