Not All That Glitters is Gold

"GOD made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to GOD's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes."
- Psalm 18:20-24 [MSG]

A friend recently asked me what new truth God's shared with me this week. After thinking and praying about it, I believe God's been encouraging me to watch for Him with an open heart.

I know many of us are in seasons of waiting, and sometimes when we don't see Him on the horizon of a certain desire fulfilled, we assume He isn't moving anywhere. But our life is a 360-degree view!

I'm reminded of a story Kris Vallotton tells about a speaker who visited Bethel. The speaker brought a bin filled with flags of all different colors to the stage, and he gave the congregation 30 seconds to count all the gold flags they could see.

After the 30 seconds were up, the bin of flags was removed and then he asked, "How many blue flags were there?" No one knew, because they were so focused on the gold they had tunnel vision.

As we eagerly await the waving of the prized gold flag in our lives, I want to encourage you to keep your eyes/hearts/minds open for green flags, and blue flags, and orange flags, too. He's everywhere to be found: in the morning sunrise, a bright blue sky, gentle breezs, a whisper, your child's smile, the feeling of waking up happy.

As we open the book of our hearts to His eyes, may He give our hearts new eyes to see Him.

#Aslanisonthemove

Without wax,
Sarah.

Comments

Popular Posts